Ninth Foresight Conference on Molecular
(after keynote, arranged alphabetically by corresponding author)
Poster size for the poster session is 4 feet x 4 feet [122 cm x 122 cm]
Index of full papers
- Birge, Robert and Jeff Stuart "Protein-Based Memories and Associative Processors"
- Colvin, Vicki "From Opals to Optics: Building Photonic Band Gaps in Nanostructured Materials"
- Gorman, Christopher, Richard Lloyd Carroll, Ryan Fuierer, Won-Jong Kwon, and Christopher Cameron "New molecules and new processes to study molecular electronics behaviors"
- Han, Jie and Meyya Meyyappan "Molecular Electronics and Chemical/Biological Sensors"
- Hoh, Jan "Building Blocks for Biomolecular Devices: Properties and Possibilities of Unstructured Proteins"
- Kan, Edwin C., Zengtao Liu, Pingshan Wang, Myongseob Kim, Yumin N. Shen, and Gen Pei "Si Fleas: Technology Demonstration of Functional Modules in Submillimeter Autonomous Microsystems"
- Martin, Charles R. "Templated Nanotubes in Chemical and Bio Separations and Analyses"
- Spencer, James T., Jesse W. Taylor, and Damian G. Allis "Molecular Building Blocks with Applications to Nonlinear Optical Materials and Nanostructural Assemblies"
- Washburn, Sean "How does it feel to roll a molecule?"
- White, Carter T. and John W. Mintmire "Carbon Nanotubes: Revolutionary Nanowires with a Twist"
- Williams, R. Stanley "Nanostructures in Nature and Technology"
- Wilson, Stephen R., Bernard Erlanger, Bradford Braden, and Austin N. Kirschner "Fullerene Nanotools from Biology"
Contributed Talks and Posters:
- Adelung, R., A. Scott, F. Ernst, L. Kipp, M. Skibowski, and M. Tabib-Azar "Copper Nanowire Molecular Electronics Network with 10 nm Wide Cu Nanowire Interconnects"
- Bhatia, Jagdish "Nano size tungsten - silver powder alloy for earth - penetrating nose cone of low - yield nuclear weapons"
- Böhm, Konrad J., Roland Stracke, and Eberhard Unger "Motor Protein-Driven Nanoactuatoric Systems: Prospects and Limits"
- Brenner, Donald, Denis Areshkin, and Olga Shenderova "Theoretical Studies of Fullerene Nanotubes in Electric Fields"
- Chen, Wei, Alan G. Joly, and Jin Z. Zhang "Up-Conversion Luminescence of Mn2+ in ZnS:Mn2+ nanoparticles"
- Cheong, Wun Chet Davy and Liangchi Zhang "Molecular Dynamics Analysis of Nano-Wear of Monocrystalline Silicon under Multi-Asperity Sliding"
- Chung, Myung-Ae and Sang-Don Jung "Photochromic properties of diarylethens containing in PMMA nanoparticles"
- Collins, Philip G. and Phaedon Avouris "Controlling the electronic properties of carbon nanotube circuits"
- Dequesnes, M., S.V. Rotkin, and N.R. Aluru "Study of carbon nanotube based nanoelectromechanical devices using continuum theories"
- Dereli, Gulay, Cem Ozdogan, and Tahir Cagin "An O(N)Parallel Tight-Binding Molecular Dynamics Simulation Study of Carbon Nanotubes: structural stability, energetics and electronic properties at elevated temperatures"
- Robert P. McConnell, David A. Routenberg, and Ellenbogen, James C. "Designs and Experiments for Gain-Producing Elements in Molecular-Scale Computer Circuits"
- Fujihira, Masamichi "Chemical differentiation of surfaces with various scanning probe microscopies"
- Ghosh, Avik W, Prashant S. Damle, and Supriyo Datta "Metal-molecule heterostructures: energy level line-up and current flow"
- Gillett, Stephen L. "Transition-Metal Oxide Frameworks: More Alternatives to Carbon for Molecular Nanotechnology"
- Giordani, Silvia and Françisco M. Raymo "Signal Processing and Communication at the Molecular Level"
- Globus, Al, Charles Bauschlicher, Sandra Johan, and Deepak Srivastava "JavaGenes: Evolving Molecular Force Field Parameters"
- Goldstein, S. C., James Ellenbogen, David Almassian, Matt Brown, Mark Cannarsa, Jesse Klein, Schuyler Schell, Geoff Washburn, and Matt Ziegler "MolSpice: Designing Molecular Logic Circuits"
- Halls, Mathew D. and H. Bernhard Schlegel "Ab Initio Study of Chemistry Inside Carbon Nanotubes: Enhancement of the Menshutkin SN2 Reaction"
- Handel, Peter H. "Fundamental Limit of Chemical and Biological ResonantMicro/Nano-Sensors"
- Harnack, Oliver, William E. Ford, Frank Scholz, Akio Yasuda, and Jurina Wessels "Electrical Conductivity of Self-Assembled Metallic DNA Nanowires"
- Heinz, William F., Kenneth D. Weston, Veronique Jolivet, Bertrand Navarro, Pernelle Bernardi, and Lori S. Goldner "A combined atomic force, confocal, and total internal reflection microscope for single molecule spectroscopy"
- Hess, Henry, John Clemmens, Robert Doot, Jonathon Howard, and Viola Vogel "Molecular Shuttles based on Motor Proteins"
- Hessler, Jessica A., Mark M. Banaszak Holl, Bradford G. Orr, Istvan Majoros, and James R. Baker Jr. "Molecular Engineering in Nanotechnology IV: Atomic Force Microscopy Characterization of Dendrimer Drug Delivery Agents"
- Hsieh, Shuchen, Sheffer Meltzer, C.R. Chris Wang, Aristides A.G. Requicha, Mark E. Thompson, and Bruce E. Koel "Imaging and Manipulation of Gold Nanorods with an Atomic Force Microscope"
- Hu, Xiaotang and Xiaodong Hu "Nanofabrication on Au and Ti with an STM in Air"
- Irle, Stephan, Stephen R. Shaver, and Keiji Morokuma "Structures and binding energies of (C60)nSim clusters"
- Ishida, Akito "Molecular Labeling of Gold Nanowells Towards Ultra-high Density 'On Tip' Fluorescence Analysis"
- Jacobstein, Neil "Technical Considerations in the Foresight Guidelines for Nanotechnology Development"
- Jindal, V.K., Shuchi Gupta, and K. Dharamvir "Structural Properties of Double-Walled Carbon Nanotubes"
- John, George, Mitsutoshi Masuda, Kiyoshi Yase, and Toshimi Shimizu "A Bottom-Up Construction of Organic Nanotubes From Renewable Resources"
- Kenji, Iwahori, Tsukamoto Rikako, Okuda Mitsuhiro, Yoshimura Hideaki, and Yamashita Ichiro "Nanometer-size structures fabricated by Bio-Nano-Process"
- Keszler, Balazs L., Istvan J. Majoros, and James R. Baker Jr. "Molecular Engineering in Nanotechnology. II. Structure and Composition of Multifunctional Devices for Medical Application"
- Kim, Franklin, Serena Kwan, Jennifer Akana, and Peidong Yang "Langmuir-Blodgett Nanorod Assemblies"
- Kong, Jing, Jien Cao, Hongjie Dai, and Erik Anderson "Chemical profiling of single nanotubes: intramolecular p-n-p junctions and on-tube single-electron transistors"
- Koo, Ja-Ryong, Don-Soo Choi, Bong-Ok Kim, Sung-Min Kim, No-Gil Park, Mi-Yong Kwak, Jae-Hoon Shim, and Young Kwan Kim "Electrochemical Characteristics of 5,10,15,20-Tetrakis-Octadecyloxymethylphenyl -Porphyrin-zn(II) Langmuir-Blodgett(LB) Films"
- Koumoutsakos, Petros, Thomas Werder, Jens H. Walther, Richard Jaffe, and Timur Halicioglu "Carbon Nanotubes in Water: MD Simulations of External & Internal Flow, Self Organization"
- Kuo, Jason S., Paolo Spicar-Mihalic, Indalesio Rodriguez, and Daniel T. Chiu "A prototype high-density microfluidic optical switch"
- Langenfeld, Stefan, Horst Friedrich, and Christoph Meyer "Adjusted Functional Surfaces by Nanotechnology for Automotive Applications"
- LeClair, Mark L. Emanuel F. Barros, and Mustafa G. Guvench "Cavitation and The Future of Nanotechnology"
- Lee, Inhan, Istvan Majoros, and James R. Baker, Jr. "Molecular Engineering in Nanotechnology III: Computer Simulation and Visualization of A Multifunctional Device"
- Lensu, Lasse, Jussi Parkkinen, Sinikka Parkkinen, and Timo Jaaskelainen "Grey-scale imaging using protein based artificial retina"
- Lewen, G.D., A. Nahata, H.J. Lezec, T.W. Ebbesen, K.M. Pellerin, R.A. Linke, and T. Thio "Surface Plasmon-Enhancement for High Throughput NSOM Probes"
- Leyse, Bob "Microscale Heat Transfer to Subcooled Water: 10 - 400 atm, 0 - 4000 W/cm2"
- Lin, Xue-feng, David A. Grove, Jordan Alexander, Robert W. Odom, and Patricia M. Lindley "Preparation and Characterization of Polyimide Thin Film Nanostructure Orientation and Material Properties"
- Liu, Guojun and Xiaohu Yan "Superparamagnetic Triblock/Fe2O3 Nanofibers"
- Liu, Zengtao, Chungho Lee, Venkat Narayanan, Gen Pei, Jami Meteer, and Edwin C. Kan "Electrical and Mechanical Characterization of Embedded Metal Nanocrystals by Microelectronic-Based Test Structures"
- Lyshevski, Marina "Operating Principles and Model Developments for Brownian Molecular Motors"
- Lyshevski, Sergey and Marina Lyshevski "Devising Nanoelectromechanical Systems and Devices"
- Lyshevski, Sergey "Wireless Communication in Multi-Agent Networked Nano- and Micro-Electromechanical Systems"
- Macias, Nicholas J. and Lisa J.K. Durbeck "A Process Driver for Nanofabrication:
Detecting and Analysing Hardware Defects using the Cell Matrix Computing Architecture"
- Maier, Beatrice M. "Nanoscale Resolution of Self-assembled Liposomes Containing Functional Sodium Pumps"
- Maiti, Amitesh "Carbon nanotubes as field emission device and electromechanical sensor: results from first-principles simulations"
- Majoros, Istvan, Thommey Thomas, Andrzej Myc, Inhan Lee, Balazs Keszler, and James R. Baker Jr. "Molecular Engineering in Nanotechnology. I: Multifunctional Device for Biomedical Application"
- Mayor, Marcel, Michael Büschel, Jörg Daub, Katharina M. Fromm, Jean-Marie Lehn, Heiko B. Weber, Joachim Reichert, and Detlef Beckmann "Electron Transfer Through Molecular Structures"
- McKendree, Thomas L. "Summary of a Dissertation on Molecular Nanotechnology For Space Operations"
- McMillan, Andrew, Hiromi Kagawa, Takuro Yaoi, Chad Paavola, Rakesh Mogul, Meyya Meyyappan, and Jonathan Trent "Ordered Two-Dimensional Hexagonal Arrays Formed from Extremophilic Heat Shock Proteins"
- Mitchell, David and Charles Martin "Smart Nanotubules For Bioseparations and Biocatalysis"
- Muraoka, Masahiro, Thomas W. Bell, and Stephen L. Gillett "Ferrocene Intercalation into Hydrophobic Monolayers: Toward Light-Driven Molecular Assembly"
- Mylvaganam, Kausala and Liangchi Zhang "Nano-Indentation of Silicon: Effect of Oxygen Penetration"
- Nakamura, M., H. Oike, M. Iizuka, S. Kuniyoshi, K. Kudo, and K. Tanaka "Local Area Characterization of Charge Transfer Complex Films with Scanning Tunneling Spectroscopy"
- Narimanov, Evgenii "Nanoscale quantum dots: beyond the mean-field approximation"
- Nishimura, Haruka, Masaaki Iizuka, Shigekazu Kuniyoshi, Masakazu Nakamura, Kazuhiro Kudo, and Kuniaki Tanaka "Fabrication and Characterization of Alternate Multi Layers Using Self-Assembly and Spin-Coating Method"
- Oliver, D R, A Pu, D J Thomson, and G E Bridges "Heterodyne Electrostatic Imaging with Potential for Molecular Scale Resolution"
- in het Panhuis, Marc, Jonathan Coleman, Paul Popelier, Brian Foley, Robert Munn, and Werner Blau "Design and quantification of a nanoscale field effect transistor"
- Park, Seongjun, Deepak Srivastava, and Kyeongjae Cho "Studies of 1H@C20H20 and 31P Doped Bucky-Onions for Solid-State Quantum Computers"
- Parker, Eric, Kenneth Kozman, and Tushar Udeshi "Zyric: A Software Framework for Nanotechnology Applications"
- Peng, Shu and Kyeongjae Cho "Mechanical Control of Carbon Nanotube Electronics"
- Pfaffmann, Jeffrey O. and Silvano Colombano "Molding Carbon Nanotube Structures with Microtubule Growth Dynamics"
- Phillips, Daniel J., Thomas W. Bell, and Vincent J. Catalano "Photoisomerization of (E and Z) 2-t-butyl-9-(2,2,2-Triphenyl)ethylidenefluorene"
- Poler, Jordan and Keneth Gonsalves "New advances in resist system for next generation lithography"
- Preston, Jones "Propagator Studies of Quantum Effects in Nanostructures"
- Prochorov, A.M., G.V. Pavlov, G.A.C. Okpattah, S.P. Pavlenko, A.N. Miralubova, A.V. Kaeitanovich, V.V. Menshenin, and E.S. Voronin "Efficacy of nano-disperse iron on during bovine leukosis virus infection"
- Prochorov, A.M., G.V. Pavlov, G.A.C. Okpattah, and A.V. Kaetanovich "The influence of very minute doses of nano-disperse iron on seed germination"
- Rosewater, Dan and S. C. Goldstein "A Molecular Latch for Digital Logic"
- Routkevitch, Dmitri, F. Howland Carpenter, Peter Mardilovich, and Alexander Govyadinov "Nano- and Microfabrication with Anodic Alumina as a Route to Nanodevices"
- Ruben, Mario, Jean-Marie Lehn, Esther Breuning, Franz Renz, Vadim Ksonofontov, Philipp Guetlich, and Jean-Paul Giesselbrecht "Metals in the Square: Towards Molecular Switching Units"
- Schaffer, Tilman E., Dmitry I. Cherny, Gudrun Heim, Thomas M. Jovin, and Yuekan Jiao "Dynamic Interactions of P53 with DNA Observed by Time-lapse AFM"
- Schmidt, Silvester and Silke Burkart "The Nanotechnology Market: Status quo and Prospects for the Future"
- Segovia-Juarez, Jose and Silvano Colombano "The hypernetwork architecture as a model for molecular computing"
- Shamsa, Manu and Balpreet Ahluwalia "QCA-based Effective Routing Mechanism for parallel computer and application in railways"
- Shenderova, Olga and Donald Brenner "Geometrical Compatibility and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Structures with Mixed sp2-sp3 Bonding"
- Simard, Benoit, Wei-Fang Du, Igor Moudrakovski, Lee Wilson, Stéphane Dénommée, Régent Dutrisac, Chris Ratcliffe and John Ripmeester "Hydrogen storage in single-walled carbon nanotubes"
- Sinnott, S.B., B. Ni, P.T. Mikulski, and J.A. Harrison "Compression of Filled Carbon Nanotubes: Predictions from Molecular Dynamics Simulations"
- Soldatov, E. S., S. P. Gubin, P. Johansson, G. B. Khomutov, V. V. Kolesov, A. Yu. Obydenov, V. V. Shorokhov, and K. S. Sulaimankulov "Molecular clusters as a basis of single-molecule SET nanosystems"
- Srivastava, D, A Andriotis, M Menon, and L Chernozetonski "Electronic Rectification, Ballistic Switching, and Logic Functions with Carbon Nanotube `Y-Junctions'"
- Stokbro, Kurt, Jeremy Taylor, and Mads Brandbyge "First principles modelling of electron transport through organic molecules"
- Stowell, Michael and Mukerrem Drewitt "A Chemoselective biomolecular template for assembling diverse nanotubular structures"
- Tamulis, Arvydas, Zilvinas Rinkevicius, Vykintas Tamulis, and Jelena Tamuliene "Quantum Chemical Design of Logic Gates of Classical and Quantum Molecular Computers and Light Driven Molecular Logical Machines"
- Taylor, Helen C. and Michael E.J. Holwill "Analysing Natural Molecular Motors for Nanofabrication"
- Toma, Henrique E., Koiti Araki, Marcos M. Toyama and Gregoire J. F. Demets "Supramolecular Assemblies of Polymetallic Porphyrins and Porphyrazines for Molecular Electronics and Devices"
- Torrens, Francisco "Molecular polarizability of semiconductor clusters and nanostructures"
- Uldrich, Jack "Nanotechnology: Making the case for state involvement"
- Uldrich, Jack "Creating Enhanced Value for Nanotechnology by Institutionalizing Change on University Campuses"
- Vakhrouchev, Alexandre V., Vitaly Y. Zlobin, Nicoly A. Zhilov, Alexandre A. Vakhrouchev, and Alexey M. Lipanov "Interaction Nanoparticles with a Surface of Materials"
- Vakhrouchev, Alexandre V. and Ludmila L. Vakhroucheva "The Numerical and Experimental Investigation of the Nanocomposites Compression"
- Weber, Heiko B., Joachim Reichert, Rolf Ochs, Detlef Beckmann, Marcel Mayor, and Hilbert v. Löhneysen "Experimental Investigation of Transport Through Single Conjugated Molecules"
- Wei, Chenyu, Kyeongjae Cho, and Deepak Srivastava "Thermal and Mechanical Properties of Polymer-CNT composites"
- Williams, Clayton C. and Levente J. Klein "Single electron tunneling detection by electrostatic force"
- Wright, Glenn, Larry Kirkland, Marek Zgol, Susanna Keeton, and David Adebimpe "Carbon Nanotube Integration within Electronic Devices"
- Yurkov, Gleb Yurjevich, Sergey Pavlovich Gubin, and Igor Donatovich Kosobudsky "Metal-Containing Nano-particles in Polymeric Matrices"
News & Events