from the Molectronics dept.
If youíre looking for more information about the accusations of scientific misconduct being leveled against researchers at Lucent Technologies' Bell Laboratories who claimed breakthroughs in molecular electronics and superconducting fullerenes in a series of papers last year (see Nanodot post from 17 December 2001), hereís a sampling of recent press coverage:
- An item from Reuters News Service ("Bell Labs Probes Validity of Acclaimed Experiments", by Daniel Sorid, 22 May 2002).
- Kenneth Chang of the New York Times has written several in-depth articles on the story (Note: access to the NYT site if free, but requires registration):
- "Bell Labs Forms Panel to Study Claims of Research Misconduct", 21 May 2002.
- "Similar Graphs Raised Suspicions on Bell Labs Research", 23 May 2002.
- "A Sudden Host of Questions on Bell Labs Breakthroughs", 28 May 2002.
- The story was also covered in an article in Chemical and Engineering News ("Bell Labs papers questioned", by Mitch Jacoby, 27 May 2002.)