bhelfrich writes "Nano-Hive version 1.1.0 for win32-x86 is now available for download. *nix distros will be made available in the coming weeks.
This release adds support for running multiple, multi-threaded simulations simultaneously, each able to access multiple Physical Interaction plugins.
We've also added new plugins.
- MPQC_SClib – This plugin encapsulates the functionality of the Scientific Computing Toolkit (SC) used by the Massively Parallel Quantum Chemistry Program (MPQC).
- OpenBabelImportExport – This Data Import/Export plugin adds the ability to read and write many new file types by encapsulating the OpenBabel library.
- SocketsControl – Control Nano-Hive via a TCP socket with this Simulation Control plugin.
- BondCalculator – This Physical Interaction plugin discovers molecules in the simulation space and specifies bonds to describe them.
- BasicCellTraverser – This Entity Traversal plugin divides the simulation space up into sub-cells for multi-threaded calculation.
Also included in this release is an alpha version of the HiveKeeper Graphical User Interface for Nano-Hive (http://www.nano-hive.org/hivekeeper/). The capabilities of the alpha version includes visualization of the molecular structures even while the simulation is running.
Editors comment — but when will the software be available for non-windows systems? "*nix" distros in coming weeks sounds rather vague.