Regular readers of Nanodot know that we rarely use this space to “bleg” (i.e., request donations via blog). We make an exception for our annual $40,000 Challenge Grant, during which your donations are doubled. As this is posted, we have about $30,000 to go.
Take each example below and multiply the payoff by two —
• For $50, you can keep the top-five nanotechnology website, foresight.org, updated and promoting nanotech to thousands worldwide, for one day
• For $100, you can fund the final judging process of the Foresight Distinguished Student Award
• For $250, you can fund one issue of the Foresight Weekly News Digest, delivered to 15,000 readers in 125 countries
• For $500, you can send one outstanding student to the Foresight Research Conference
• For $1000, you can fund one world-class researcher to present at the Foresight Research Conference
• For $10,000, you can underwrite the 2007 Foresight Institute Feynman Prize in Nanotechnology
These are examples of what Foresight can achieve with your donations — all of which are doubled by our $40,000 Challenge Grant.
This Challenge is for a limited time, so give today. Donations and memberships sent by December 31, 2006, qualify as 2006 U.S. federal tax deductions, as permitted by law. For extra tax savings, you can donate appreciated stock.
See how the Challenge is going: http://www.foresight.org/challenge
How to donate:
• Use the online form at — https://foresight.org/forms/php/donate.php
• Fax or mail your donation by completing our printable donation form: http://foresight.org/members/donateprintfax.pdf
Fax: +1 650.289.0863
• Donate by telephone by calling +1.650.289.0860 x 254 and leave us voicemail with your donation information
• Donate by mail — checks postmarked by January 31, 2007 (Dec. 31 for 2006 deductions) are also eligible for matching funds.
• Donate stock — see http://www.foresight.org/members/stock.php
Postal address: Foresight Nanotech Institute, PO Box 61058, Palo Alto, CA 94306 USA
Thank you for your support!
Founder and Vice President